9.16.2013

Drumroll Please

Hi there. So.... recently I was nominated for a Liebster Award. At first I thought, 'Say whaaa???". Upon reading up though, I found out a little more. The Liebster Award is passed on from one recipient blogger to another. Who knows where it really started, but the idea is to pass it along to a great new blogger that has less than 200 followers to bring awareness to us new folk. I think the thought of this is really sweet and I was so humbled to be nominated by two lovely ladies. I was first nominated by Lexi from Introducing Lexi and was shortly after nominated by Isabella from Pinkie Promise. Many thanks to the both of you for reading my blog and thinking I'm at all cool enough to have this passed onto me. Lexi is around my age, girly, super fun and was recently engaged (congrats!). Isabella is first and foremost a Harry Potter fan (yes!), but also talks beauty and all that good stuff . Be sure to check them out and say hello. 

OK, on with what this entails. First things first, I must share 11 random facts about myself! I have already done 25 random facts here, but I figured I could spare a few more...

1. I've never curled my lashes before

2. One of my favorite books is actually a children's 
book - The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein 

3. I like to wear socks to sleep which pretty much guarantees 
find one hiding in the covers every time I change my sheets....

4. I'm 5'2".... Quite small

5. I can do basic sewing, knitting and crocheting. Clever, eh?

6. I started learning how to drive when I was 15 in a white 
1986 Toyota Cressida with burgundy interior. Classic

7. I love tea. It makes me feel like home so every time I go on 
business trips I order tea before bed. (Lol)

8. I need the assistance of glasses or contacts to see as I have 
awful vision (socks, crochet, glasses and tea?! I'm an old lady at heart)

9. I've always wanted to learn how to fly planes (how badass is that?!)

10. I have a lazy eye. You can't really tell, but sometimes you can spot it 
in a picture or if I'm really sleepy it starts to get worse and stray (such a nerd).

11. I don't have any tattoos (I'm not that badass. Lol)

The second part is to answer 11 questions given from the nominator. I decided to answer both Lexi's and Isabella's. Click through for the Q&A...


1. Paris, London or New York? 
Paris. It's the only one of the three I've never been to and I've always had this ongoing joke that I'm going to just hop on a private jetplane, fly to Paris and live happily ever after. (yeah right!)

2. Favourite high-end and drugstore makeup brands? 
Oh boy... this is really tough. I just going to wing it and say Dior for high-end and Maybelline for drugstore. I feel like I've just picked favorites over my children. sigh.

3.  Mascara or lipstick? 
Mascara. Hands down.

4. Favourite Disney film? 
Aladdin! (You ain't never had a friend like me!)

5. Dream job? 
I would actually love to create my own line of cosmetics. I think it would be so fun to design the packaging and the formulas. But, I actually really love what I do now as a designer for home furnishings. Although I have always thought teaching kids Art would be a lot of fun. I'm getting carried away. Honestly, anything creative and I'm happy!

6. Favourite sweet treat? 
I love chocolate covered strawberries. Mmmm.

7. Favourite childhood memory? 
Getting wrapped up in sleeping bags and wrestling with my brother. Weird?

8. What's your signature scent? 
Chance by Chanel

9. If you had a makeup/fashion line what would you call it? 
Everyone knows I'm terrible at naming things. It will take me longer than the task itself! I'll leave this as TBD

10.  Favourite season? 
I swear California has no seasons. But, I would say Spring.

11. Who inspires you? 
Anyone who intentionally reaches for their dreams with the utmost determination to achieve and possibly surpass them.

 Above questions from Pinkie Promise


1. Bright colours or pastel shades? 
Brights!

2. Have you ever met a famous person? 
Yes.

3. What is your greatest achievement to date? 
Oh boy... I'm going to go mushy with this one and say it's the friendships and bonds I've made throughout the years. 

4. How long have you been blogging? 
Since July of this year. Seems like forever, but feels like a second.

5. High heels or flat shoes? 
High heels! And yes, I can run in them. Fast! (If I ever needed to)

6. What's your favourite smell? 
You know the clean, fresh, nature smell that happens after it rains? That one!

7. Who do you admire the most? 
I feel like this is a college essay question. Ah! I don't really have one person to go on about. I admire different qualities about different people. When you see someone great at something you aspire to.

8. Favourite film of all time? 
I always have a hard time with this. I love so many. I'll go old school childhood film on this and say 'My Girl'.

9. Where is your favourite place in the world? 
Home

10. Do you have a secret talent? 
I do, but I can't tell you because then it wouldn't be a secret.

11. What is your biggest fear? 
Not feeling like I've accomplished enough in my lifetime. I want to be old and wrinkly and think "damn, that was pretty f#$%ing awesome!"

Above questions from Introducing Lexi

Last part is to nominate other new blogs and create 11 questions for each of them to answer. I will post to my nominees shortly. Below are my 11 questions to them:

1. Aside from blogging, what do you do? School, work, etc.?
2. How long did you think about your blog before actually starting it?
3. What is your must have, can't live without, makeup item?
4. Where in the world would you like to go? 
5. Who is your favorite blogger of all time?
6. What is your favorite thing to do?
7. What sound do you hate?
8. Who is your current celeb crush?
9. Do you watch YouTube? If so, what is your favorite channel?
10. Socks or no socks to sleep?
11. Do you own or want to own any pets?
p.s. Happy Happy Happiest Birthday to my Mom today :)

No comments :

Post a Comment