9.03.2013

Fall/Autumn Nail Polish Favorites


If you live in California, it's a bit strange thinking of Fall/Autumn right now as we're in the middle of some heat wave. It's been so warm here, but with the fall fashion issues out for all the magazines and new collections being released, it's hard not to get excited. So, I've been slowly collecting things in preparation for the season. Nail polish seems to always be one of the first things I gravitate towards. Maybe because one bottle of nail polish feels like less of a commitment than say, a jacket. So, this weekend, I pulled out some old favorites and added in a few new purchases from the last couple of weeks to show you my favorites for the coming season. I love the darker deeper colors in the fall as well as the more subtle taupes and neutrals. All colors in this post are from Essie. I tend to buy a lot of their colors as their formula is good and I love seeing all the matching bottles together! I'll be adding a follow up of some others tomorrow from Butter London that are more sparkly and metallic! But let's start with these that I'm loving!

Click through for colors....


(Left to right)
Head Mistress
The perfect scarlet red. If you have trouble finding this, 
'Twin Sweater Set' from their new collection is quite similar.
Bahama Mama
The best deep plum/burgundy color. I wore this a ton last year and 
always get complimented on it. So pretty
Carry On
A deep dark oxblood. A new addition as I was hunting for a 
deeper wine color I've been seeing in the mags. 
After School Boy Blazer
A dark indigo/navy blue. If you read my other Fall post, you'll know
I'm obsessing over blue so I had to snatch this up when I saw it in the new collection.
Armed and Ready
Army green with a fine golden shimmer. An old favorite.
Mochacino
A taupe grey color with lots of fine silver glitter.
Penny Talk
A super metallic copper color. You kind of do look like you have 
pennies on your fingertips. 
Demure Vixen
A light mauve/dusty pink color with very fine iridescent shimmer. 
The shimmer is almost unnoticeable unless light is hitting it. It's a very subtle 
color which I think is really pretty.
Topless & Barefoot
An opaque nude. Perfect for all seasons.

I will be posting swatches of all the colors on my nails over the next couple of weeks as I wear them on my Instagram if you want to see what they look like on. Until next tine, what colors are you looking to wear this fall? Talk soon...

No comments :

Post a Comment