9.24.2013

From the Drugstore - Eyes

I haven't been blogging for a really long time, but from the small amount of time that I have, you can probably already tell that I love high end products. I just love the experience in the store and the beautiful packaging and the gorgeous formulas. I really do believe that you get what you pay for a lot of the times. Sometimes fantastic ingredients and well done formulas are just expensive, but it's not to say that you can't find some great things in the drugstore. So, I thought I'd do a little series of my favorite drugstore products starting with eye products. I wanted to show here the products from the drugstore what I actually use. Not just show an eyebrow pencil just to show one because I haven't found a drugstore eyebrow pencil that I love and feel is interchangeable with my current high end one. There are things that I could pick out if I had to, but I didn't want to show things of that nature. I wanted to put together the products that get used in my day to day life. These products get used up often and are completely interchangeable with some of my high end products. I would recommend them day in and day out and if I blind tested these with a high end product, I'm not sure I could tell the difference because these work so great. So, let's talk about my picks and just FYI, they're in no particular order...


Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara - I've gone through so many tubes of this, I've lost track. I'll buy a high end mascara and then just come back to this. I absolutely love it. The brush is a bit fat with short rubber bristles. It separates the lashes nicely and gives really nice volume. It won't lengthen too much, but I always look for volume so this is perfection to me. It's not too wet and not too dry of a formula and it never smudges or flakes. I will say that if you come from using a skinny brush, this will take a day or two to get used to because it will feel massive, but stick with it!

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quads - I adore these. They're all either shimmer or satin finishes. Nothing matte here. They're super soft and creamy feeling powders. They blend nicely and have really amazing pigmentation. I'm currently loving a couple of the new ones in their limited edition fall collection. I instagrammed swatches of them - so pretty! My favorite from the permanent line is Copper Chic! I will say that these are really soft shadows, so try not to drop them because the shadows will definitely break. I speak from experience. sigh.

L'Oreal Infalllible Eyeshadows (Pressed pigments) - These pressed pigments are so so so amazing. I love these and I'm on the verge of owning every color. They give you the beauty and pigmentation of a pigment, but less mess since they're pressed. They're on the higher priced side for drugstore, but each shadow will last you forever. Bronzed Taupe is my favorite, but they are all so beautiful. I might do a separate post swatching all the colors I have because they're really impressive quality.

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Shadows - I'm obsessed with these cream shadows. They're highly pigmented and they set onto your eyes so they won't budge, but they don't feel tight or uncomfortable. I love to wear them alone or they're great as a base to your eyeshadows for lasting power. I'm addicted to Bad to the Bronze. I sweep it across my lids almost every weekday for a quick look. So easy and really beautiful. They have a few colors in the range both matte and shimmer. They also bring out new ones in limited edition collections every so often. Total must haves for me.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palettes - Wet n Wild eyeshadows are amazing. Again, really pigmented and easy to blend. The best part is seriously the price. About $2 for the trio and $5 for the larger 8 color palette. They are just amazing (did I say that already?) and after using them for so long, am still baffled at the price tag! I don't know how they do it. I love Walking on Eggshells. It's my favorite go-to for a natural look and I get complimented a lot when I wear it. Always a bonus!

Prices for all these items range from $2-$10. The other great thing about drugstore products is that you can also run into so many sales of buy one get one half off, etc, etc. These are all tried and true products. I will follow this one up with lips and face and cheeks in the coming weeks. Do you have any drugstore favorites that rival your high end products?

Until next time! Kisses, J

No comments :

Post a Comment